Ms. Mintly nominated me for a Versatile Blogger award. I’ve been sent something similar before, but it was pretty early in my blogging life, and I didn’t have a whole lot of bloggers I had found to follow yet. And I can totally think of seven random things about myself. Right?
1. I’ve known my hubby since I was 14. We’ve each volunteered at the same camp since we were freshmen in high school, but our interaction was limited to a few trainings. I got to know him more when I was the lifeguard, and there the whole summer, instead of just my designated two weeks, but we were actually drawn together by our love of bar trivia.
2. I don’t know what to call my husband. We got legally married this year, and intend to have our celebration on the same day next year. I’d say about half of my friends know we’re already married. I tend to call him my husband when I think people will think I’m more adult if they think I’m married.
3. I’m obsessed with grammar. My blogging doesn’t always showcase this, particularly when I attempt to blog from my phone. But when I see professional writing (including work emails) with grammar mistakes, it makes steam come out of my ears.
4. I have many pet peeves. Does that make them not really pet peeves? Examples of these include money being upside down, and not facing the same direction, and when my name is spelled wrong needlessly. If someone has no reason to know how to spell my first name I can forgive it, but if you’re responding to an email I wrote which includes my name in the signature line (and included in my email address), then you should spell it correctly. I’ll try to make my next few random facts less bitchy.
5. The first time I flew I was 22 years old. And turned 23 which I was on the trip. I was terrified, but I’m completely okay with flying now. I’m even hoping we can go to Hawaii for our honeymoon.
6. I have an ever expanding list of house to-dos. This includes completely redoing the bathroom (which is covered in a fake wood paneling–including the ceiling), paving the driveway, and taking down a wall. As obsessed as I am with HGTV, I have no idea how to do any of these things, or who to call.
7. I hate wedding planning. I don’t know if it’s because I’m trying to pay off debt, but I find it extremely stressful. I think a lot of this is because I want to invite literally everyone I know, and every “Save Money on Your Wedding” blog I’ve read seems to be based on the theory of “don’t invite anyone.” Bleh. This is why I have a year to do things, I guess.
My nominations: I’m going to go through the list of blogs I follow, and find ones that I’ve particularly enjoyed reading lately:
1. Legal Baggage – A fellow law school grad. I feel that often, the grads working in “Big Law” are okay with the amount of debt they have, because they can make so much money at a firm, especially over time. I’m happy to see a fellow lawyer who isn’t okay with having tons of debt, and is making big strides to pay it down.
2. Boyfriend is a Banker – Because she’s working on paying off debt AND planning a wedding. I’m not alone here!
3. Sandy Versus the World – Because I love to see bloggers in the Northeast — it’s expensive here!